1. This Policy aims to set out the provisions with the objective of ensuring that shareholders of the Company, both individual and institutional (collectively, “Shareholders”), and, in appropriate circumstances, the investment community at large, are provided with ready, equal and timely access to balanced and understandable information about the Company (including its financial performance, strategic goals and plans, material developments, governance and risk profile), in order to enable Shareholders to exercise their rights in an informed manner, and to allow Shareholders and the investment community to engage actively with the Company.
2. For the purpose of this Policy, reference to the investment community is intended to include the Company's potential investors as well as analysts reporting and analyzing the Company's performance.
3. The Board shall maintain an on-going dialogue with Shareholders and the investment community, and will regularly review this Policy to ensure its effectiveness.
4. Information shall be communicated to Shareholders and the investment community mainly through the Company's financial reports (interim and annual reports), annual general meetings and other general meetings that may be convened, as well as by making available all the disclosures submitted to The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited (“SEHK”) and its corporate communications and other corporate publications on the HKExnews website and the website of the Company.
5. Effective and timely dissemination of information to Shareholders and the investment community shall be ensured at all times. Any question regarding this Policy shall be directed to the Company Secretary of the Company.
I. Shareholders' enquiries
6. Shareholders should direct their questions about their shareholdings to the Company's Registrar.
7. Shareholders may at any time make enquiry to the board of directors of the Company or make request for the Company's information to the extent such information is publicly available at the Company's head office and principal place of business in Hong Kong.
II. Corporate Communication
8. Corporate Communication will be provided to Shareholders in plain language and in both English and Chinese versions to facilitate Shareholders' understanding.
9. “Corporate Communication” refers to any document issued or to be issued by the Company for the information or action of holders of any of its securities, including, but not limited to, the directors' report and annual accounts together with a copy of the auditor's report, the interim report, a notice of meeting, a circular and a proxy form.
III. Corporate Website
10. A dedicated Investor Relations section is available on the website of the Company www.swsc.hk. Information on the website of the Company is updated on a regular basis.
11. Information released by the Company to SEHK is also posted on the website of the Company immediately thereafter. Such information includes financial statements, results announcements, circulars and notices of general meetings and associated explanatory documents etc.
IV. Shareholders' Meetings
12. Shareholders are encouraged to participate in general meetings or to appoint proxies to attend and vote at meetings for and on their behalf if they are unable to attend the meetings.
13. Appropriate arrangements for the annual general meetings shall be in place to encourage Shareholders' participation.
14. The process of the general meeting of the Company will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis, and, if necessary, changes will be made to ensure that Shareholders' needs are best served.
15. Board members, in particular, either the chairmen of Board committees or their delegates, appropriate management executives and external auditor(s) will attend annual general meetings to answer Shareholders' questions.
16. Shareholders are encouraged to attend shareholders' activities organized by the Company, where information about the Company, including its latest strategic plan, products and services etc will be communicated.
17. The Company recognizes the importance of Shareholders' privacy and will not disclose Shareholders' information without their consent, unless required by law to do so.